Thomas J. Korge, III
Thomas graduated from the Levin College of Law at the University of Florida and was admitted to the Florida Bar in 2010. Upon graduation, Thomas returned home to Miami, joining the law firm of Lydecker/Diaz, LLP, where he spent the several years practicing law with the firm’s complex litigation department handling commercial and financial litigation. In 2013, Thomas left the Lydecker/Diaz law firm to join Korge & Korge.
Thomas’ experiences and representations through the years include:
- Work on multiple major insurance insolvencies on behalf of the Florida Department of Financial Services, involving numerous causes of action and theories of liability, including director and officer liability, accounting malpractice, and bankruptcy;
- Action to recover from negligent officers and directors of failed bank on behalf of the FDIC;
- Defense of allegations of major theft and embezzlement against former manager of an LLC;
- RICO claims and connected actions against multiple related individuals and entities based both in Florida and abroad;
- Representations of various parties in actions for improper denial or underpayment of insurance claims;
- Multiple engagements defending the City of Coral Gables from third party claims of liability;
- Various estate planning matters, including but not limited to wills, trusts, pour-overs, and end-of-life directives
Mr. Korge currently practices primarily in the areas of commercial and financial litigation, business law, transactions, insurance, employment, landlord-tenant law, estate planning, and general litigation.